Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Today's Garbage Pick-Up

So I go outside to do something else and I find myself picking up the litter the recycling garbage truck left behind--three plastic bottles, a gallon container, and enough junk mail envelopes to fill a plastic grocery bag.

OK--I'll just place the items back in the recycling can--but guess what? Three large pieces of cardboard are still in the can and a few other items. Now I know they came to collect it this morning because it was stuffed fairly well, but this is too much playing.

So I take everything out and put it in the regular garbage can and now it's overflowing with garbage because even though we pay more money for the garbage service, we have less capacity--a lot less capacity.

This is not the first time I had to pick up litter and it probably won't be the last, but I don't think my service agreement includes me spending time collecting my garbage after the garbage truck empties it.

So now what? We need Jefferson City to include a street cleaning service and an anti-litter brigade because I not only collected my garbage, but garbage from a few other cans too.

No problem, though. Keep in mind always that Jefferson City went into this contract with Allied Waste because Allied Waste actually pays the city $7.50 for each collected metric ton.

I guess the city will do whatever it can to make more money.

Tattoos anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment